Friday, June 5, 2015

Pear & Almond Smoothie

This is a spin off to Deliciously Ella's
Pear & Vanilla Smoothie.
For those who know me,
I have never gained weight 
no matter how hard I tried.
As I was supposed to make this smoothie,
I decided to try to double up the portions.
I got crazy about the almond butter (it is addicting!)
that you can't even taste or smell the vanilla anymore!
So I'll just call this a 
Pear & Almond Smoothie.
(I'll make the original recipe as directed next time and will update you.)



Ingredients:
1 pear
1 cup almond milk
handful of spinach - I used 1 serving or 1/3 of a bag (preferably organic, why? click here.)
handful oats - 1 used 1 serving or 8 tbsps!
1 tbsp almond butter - 1 used 6 tbsps. hahaha
1/2 tsp vanilla powder - I used 1.5 tsp of vanilla bean taste but still overpowered by almond butter =(

Directions:
Core the pear & slice into pieces.
Mix with all other ingredients & blend well.

It tastes sooo good but more almond-y that vanilly-y!
And superrrr filling!

This is the beauty of making your own smoothies.
You can control the ingredients according to your goal (weight gain or loss),
own taste & availability of ingredients.

Now,
with all these calories---
I need to exercise!

See you later!

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment