Thursday, June 25, 2015

Healthy Turkey Burger

It's Turkey Month!

And since I am trying my best to stay away from red meat,
I have been a new fan of turkey mince recently.

FYI: I was never been a turkey fan.
I only eat turkey on Thanksgiving.
And oh it has to be bathed in gravy!

I usually make turkey chili & turkey pasta sauce
so I decided to make a turkey burger for a change.

And it surprisingly delish!



Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2/3 cup oats - Yes!
500 g minced turkey (I used 3% fat free-range)

salt & ground black pepper to taste
lettuce
tomato & cucumber, sliced (preferably organic, why? click here.)
buns of choice (I used gluten free, dairy free, wheat free seeded rolls)
tomato catsup  (optional, *organic available)


Directions:

Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan and gently fry the onion & garlic for 5 mins until soft.
Add the oats and fry for around 2 mins.
Set aside to cool.

Add the rest of the ingredients to the cooled mixture and mix well with your hands.
Season to taste and shape into 8 patties.
*I only made them into 4 huge patties. lol

Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a pan and sear the burgers on each side around 2 mins. each side.
Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 10 mins. for smaller patties
or 20 mins. for huge ones.

Layer your bun with lettuce, tomato, burger patty and cucumber.
Or make it an open burger by skipping the buns and eat with the vegetables as salad.


The other half was so surprised of the oats!
You can't even taste it!

Perfect for your kiddos!

Pair it nicely with my Crispy Healthy Onion Rings.
If you missed the post, click here.

Enjoy!


Homemade with love,
Princess










No comments:

Post a Comment