Thursday, June 11, 2015

Ella's Favourite Green Smoothie

After some procastination,
I finally got my juicer!

I have friends and family who has been "juicing'
for years now.
But why did I just got my juicer?

First,
juicing is associated with weight loss.

But as I've been researching more about it,
juicing is for EVERYONE
regardless of your health goals.

Smoothies and juices are the easiest ways to get your 5 A Day
in even just 1 drink!
That already makes one of my health goals attainable.

For people who want to lose weight,
they use these drinks as a meal replacement.

For me,
I use it in addition to my meals.

Another reason is,
I research so much before buying a product.
So it took me a while to choose which juicer is right for me.
*I bought a cheap but super effective one.
Got 1.5 L which is just right for me & the other half.

But now that I have the juicer,
tada!
And I'm obsessed! lol

Here's my first drink using the juicer.

Of course, I'll have to try Ella Woodward's

FAVOURITE GREEN SMOOTHIE

my 1st product using my juicer
needed an red carpet & crown
Ingredients:
 1 cucumber
1" ginger
2 stalks celery
1 banana
1/2 avocado (I used my leftover from yesterday's lunch)
1 tbsp almond butter (optional)
1 tsp bee pollen (optional)
1 tsp spirulina (optional)

Ingredients:
First juice the cucumber, celery and ginger.
Then pour the juice into a blender.
Add the banana, avocado and almond butter plus any of the extras you’re using.
*I skipped the almond butter this time to tastes all the greenness!
*I used spirulina as I've been trying it daily.
*I used bee pollen as well because I already have it.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Either drink it straight away 
or store it in an airtight bottle (a water bottle is great) in the fridge for up to 3 days.
*Of course I drank it already!

If you don’t have a juicer,
put the cucumber and celery into a blender first with a little water, 
blend them until a smooth liquid forms 
and then strain the liquid before pouring it into the blender again with the remaining ingredients.

Love,
@princessweetah

No comments:

Post a Comment