Monday, June 22, 2015

Cinnamon Pecan Granola

I'm back!

Sorry I was out of the loop for a few days.
As a normal person like you,
I have my low days too...

But I try to pick up myself.
And you know what?
Today is Monday
and we should all recharge for this week ahead!

So I decided to remake the Acai Bowl without using a blender.
Today, I just felt like tasting the texture of the fruits
and savoring their individual flavor in every bite.

If you missed the Acai Bowl recipe, click here.

And to bulk it up,
I added granola to my bowl.

Here's my homemade granola by Deliciously Ella:

Cinnamon Pecan Granola


Ingredients:

1 cup pecans
1/2 cup almons
2 cups oats
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flaxseeds
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
3 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup raisins

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan).

Place the pecans & almonds in a food processor 
& pulse for about 30 seconds so that they are partially crushed.
*I personally don't have a food processor so I partially crushed them
using my wooden mortar & pestle.
The pecans can even be partially crushed by hand.

Then add them to a large mixing bowl with all the other dry ingredients,
except raisins & cinnamon.

Next, melt the coconut oil with the maple syrup and cinnamon on the stove.
Once it has dissolved into a sweet liquid,
add it to the dry bowl & mix well.
This should form a delicious oaty & nutty bowl, which is slightly sticky.

Place the mixture into a baking tray and bake fro 30-40 minutes until crunchy.
During this time,
you'll need to stir the mixture to ensure that every bit of granola
gets nicely toasted and the top doesn't burn.

Once the granola is perfectly cooked,
remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool.
Then stir in the raisins.

Store the granola in an airtight container.

*If you don't have any pecans,
you can substitute with your nut of choice.
You can also replace the raisins with
dried apricots, goji berries or pieces of dates.

Have a good week ahead!

Homemade with love,
Princess


No comments:

Post a Comment