Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Tuesday Trends: Met Gala '14

The Met Gala 
is an annual fundraising gala for the benefit of the 
Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. 

Anna Wintour, Vogue Editor-in-Chief and chair of the event since 1995, 
oversees both the benefit committee and the guest list. 
Each year the event has a theme, and includes a cocktail hour and a formal dinner. 
It also serves as an opening celebration for the institute's annual fashion exhibit. 
Anna Wintour issues the dress code with the Costume Institute’s fashion exhibition in mind. 
This year's show is “Charles James: Beyond Fashion." 

It is widely regarded as one of the most exclusive social events in New York and one of the biggest fundraising nights of the city. 
The affair, attended by personalities from the arts, fashion and entertainment, 
has been held at the Met since 1971 
and is considered to be the fashion industry's premier annual red carpet event.
This year, the ticket costs $25,000 for each guest.

Met Gala madness started in the morning 
as First Lady Michelle Obama 
cut the ribbon at the star studded opening of the Anna Wintour Costume Center.


Met Gala Night

Anna Wintour in Chanel

Both in Vera Wang!

Me in a white Fit and Flare Gown with Sequin and Tulle Flanges
and
Joan Smalls in a custom deep nude strapless silk tulle gown with hand tucked body and sheer skirt accented by a center front skirt slit.


And for those who know me,
I love tulle, layers and ruffles!
I'm a girly girl.
So one of my favorites was Suki Waterhouse in Burberry.

And I am wearing a short version of it.
Guess by whom?
H&M in 2011!



Wore this to my friend's wedding.And since my week started with an ode to our timeless fashion icon, Audrey Hepburn.
I saw a lot of B&W numbers last night.
And for me, 
it will always be classic and timeless.

In my own Audrey Hepburn-inspired design gown for my Graduation Ball in '04.

Of course, being a Carrie Bradshaw fan, my favorite B&W number was SJP's!
Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar de la Renta.

Next is this:
Hailee Steinfeld in Prabal Gurung.

And this:
Charlize Theron in Dior.

There were a lot of blacks and whites in the Red Carpet last night:
Cara Delevingne in Stella McCartney
with Stella Mccartney

Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles both in Givenchy.

David Beckham in Ralph Lauren and Victoria Beckham in a dress from her own collection.

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen in vintage Chanel.

Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen in Balenciaga.


 Jessica Paré in Michael Kors.

 Zoe Saldana in Michael Kors and Michael Kors.

 Anna Kendrick in J. Mendel.

 Georgia May Jagger in Thierry Mugler and Virginie Courtin-Clarins.


 Lauren Bush and David Lauren in Ralph Lauren.

 Katie Couric, in Angel Sanchez, with her fiancé, John Molner.

This season,
I am also loving the cropped tops!

And of course,
these girls killed it!

Rihanna in Stella McCartney.

 Anne Hathaway in Calvin Klein.

Emma Stone in Thakoon.


I still have some more faves to feature.
But I'll do that later.
Need to run for my final presentation in graduate school.
See you later!

What was your favorite?
Let me know!

For updates, follow me in Instagram: @princessweetah










No comments:

Post a Comment