Monday, May 12, 2014

Monday Mantra

Since it's Monday,
let's start the week with something happy!


I really love this mantra.
And personally, 
this is one of my philosophies when dressing up.
Because when you feel happy with what you are wearing,
it radiates out and shows that you look happy as well.

For those who doesn't know about Peter Som's collaboration with Kohl's,
the collection was inspired by St. Barths.
It evokes the colors, the culture and the bliss of island life.

If you missed my earlier post about 
Peter Som's DesigNation collection for Kohl's,
here's the link.

I am a bridesmaid to my girl friend's upcoming destination beach wedding in Dominican Republic.
Her bridal shower was also beach-themed,
so I decided to wear a dress from this collection.

with the bride 

And since I am one of the hosts,
I thought of dressing up the postcard shirtdress.

So this is a casual dress perfect for the summer or the beach.

 To dress it up,
I took off the original belt
and used a grosgrain ribbon instead.
I used bright pumps.
Opened some buttons 
and threw on a pearl necklace to complete the look.
Now I am ready to host the bridal shower!

Peter Som for Designation postcard shirtdress from Kohl's, click here
pearl extra long strand necklace from Nordstrom, click here
SJP by Sarah Jessica Parker Lady pump from Nordstrom, click here
grosgrain ribbon as belt

SJP inspired me to use grosgrain ribbon as accessories.
Her shoes has grosgrain ribbon in the back seam.


autographed SJP Lady Pump

“The thing is, when I was growing up, we really didn’t have two nickels to rub together, but my mother always made sure that my sisters and I had two grosgrain ribbons in our hair,” says SJP. 
“The rule was that we ironed them every single morning. We even had a special bureau dedicated to hair ribbons. I have them for my own daughters now, and my nieces wear them too. The grosgrain ribbons make SJP’s really identifiable to others and really personal to me.”

I uploaded this pic collage of the above pics in my Instagram account.

And yesterday, 
Peter Som commented and I was so happy!
And Kohl's commented today as well!



Today, he reposted my pic in his Instagram!

In Facebook

 and Twitter!


Peter Som, you're so sweet as this cupcake!
Thank you!
I am so honored. 

For more updates, follow me in Instagram: @princessweetah










No comments:

Post a Comment